Definition of nonnuclear in English:
1Not involving or relating to nuclear energy or nuclear weapons.
- A first-use of nuclear weapons by the US should be unthinkable, and responding to a non-nuclear attack with nuclear weapons violates a central tenet of just war and US military tradition.
- The US is bound, as a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, not to use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear powers.
- Therefore it is necessary, already now, to implement diplomatic measures and reach agreement on limiting strategic non-nuclear weapon systems.
1.1(Of a country) not possessing nuclear weapons.
- The chapter discusses the possibility of nonnuclear countries producing nuclear weapons.
- In it, nonnuclear countries promise not to acquire nuclear weapons and the five avowed nuclear powers - Britain, China, France, Russia, and the United States - promise not to transfer them.
- Many nonnuclear countries openly threaten to discredit efforts at nonproliferation.
Definition of nonnuclear in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.