Definition of nonpareil in English:
Having no match or equal; unrivaled: he is a nonpareil storyteller [postpositive]: a film critic nonpareil
More example sentences
- Watching him translate for his father, Kyle seems unfazed about his nonpareil ability, remaining nonchalant to the film crew buzzing round him.
- Throughout, Sclavis manages to combine an impressive variety of styles, genres and influences, creating a nonpareil experience for the listener.
- The nonpareil recording, a flirty and spontaneous duet between Elis Regina and Jobim himself, makes more sense to me in Portugese.
nounBack to top
1An unrivaled or matchless person or thing.
- For some reason, he failed to mention the nonpareil: Nelson Algren.
- Cisco, the nonpareil of networking equipment makers and at one time the sine qua non of tech stocks is feeling the pinch.
- The current nonpareil of the genre is the mammoth bestseller He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys.
Words that rhyme with nonpareilail, ale, assail, avail, bail, bale, bewail, brail, Braille, chain mail, countervail, curtail, dale, downscale, drail, dwale, entail, exhale, fail, faille, flail, frail, Gael, Gail, gale, Grail, grisaille, hail, hale, impale, jail, kale, mail, male, webmail, outsail, pail, pale, quail, rail, sail, sale, sangrail, scale, shale, snail, stale, swale, tail, tale, they'll, trail, upscale, vail, vale, veil, surveil, wail, wale, whale, Yale
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India