- 1Brought up as a member of a particular religion but not following its rules and practices: nonpracticing JewsMore example sentences
- He had been a non-practicing Christian for many years and, like me, was content just to believe in one God.
- I am currently a non-practicing Catholic.
- In October, our parish will launch a new program designed to reach out to non-practicing, English-speaking Catholics in our area.
- 2Not currently practicing one’s profession: a nonpracticing lawyerMore example sentences
- After things began to get a little warm, he "retired," passing himself off first as a non-practicing doctor and then a lawyer.
- I, a non-practising architect, was chairman.
- The Law Almanac used to actually contain a list of non-practising barristers, as I recollect.
More definitions of nonpracticingDefinition of nonpracticing in:
- The British & World English dictionary