Definition of nonresidential in English:
1Not requiring or providing facilities for people to live on the premises: two-day nonresidential workshops
More example sentences
- Students can avail of the colleges' residential facilities or can pursue the courses on a non-residential basis.
- Private investment constitutes investments by business and non-profit organisations in infrastructure, non-residential and residential buildings and equipment.
- Together, they went on to buy the Mercy Convent in Stradbally, and converted it into a gardening school with residential and non-residential courses, known as Carrigahilla House and Gardens.
1.1(Of property or land) containing or suitable for commercial premises rather than private houses.
- The increase in stamp duty to 9 per cent on non-residential property will weigh against investing in the Irish commercial property market.
- All that the civic body could do so far is to issue notices to the software firms asking them to pay property taxes applicable to non-residential properties.
- I would have exempted non-residential property from the stamp duty hike.
Definition of nonresidential in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia