- 1(Of an organism) vulnerable to particular diseases or pathogens: nonresistant rice plantsMore example sentences
- The suppression of immune responses is costly, in particular for nonresistant individuals with high levels of somatic infections.
- It is important to recognize that resistance also affects the treatment of individuals with nonresistant organisms.
- Similarly, fruit flies selected to resist the attacks of parasites are less competitive foragers than their nonresistant counter-parts.
- 2Not mounting resistance to authority: nonresistant pacifismMore example sentences
- Nonresistant sects, notably Mennonites and Brethren, also developed active forms of pacifism such as humanitarian service for war victims.
More definitions of nonresistantDefinition of nonresistant in:
- The British & World English dictionary