Definition of nonreturnable in English:
1(Especially of a deposit paid) not repayable in any circumstances.
- They would do us all a favour if they did not enter the competition in the first place or face a non-returnable entry fee.
- The complainant must fill out a form, a copy of which must be given to the hedge owner, and pay a non-returnable fee to the local authority.
- First you have to fill in a whole bunch of forms and sent them to ICANN with a $1,000 non-returnable fee.
1.1(Of bottles or other containers) not intended to be returned empty to the suppliers.
- Until we change the packaging to non-returnable bottles it is difficult for us to do so,’ he said.
- Consumers pay more for goods in non-returnable containers or that have excessive packaging.
- I wondered what on earth a self-proclaimed organic gardener was doing with a stock of resource-squandering, non-returnable containers in the first place.
Definition of nonreturnable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan