- 1(Of a role or part) not requiring the actor to speak.More example sentences
- Pylades is (rather awkwardly) written as a nonspeaking part, and the two silent members of the three-woman Chorus are no little girls, and quite marginal besides.
- It is, to be sure, hard to convey the Cultural Revolution with only three speaking parts and one nonspeaking one.
- Her version of the production, partly hindered by the absence of the requisite two-tiered set and by her cutting down the nonspeaking roles from six to four, lacks some much-needed bite.
- 1.1Unable or unwilling to speak: the equipment will make an amazing difference to nonspeaking children at the schoolMore example sentences
- In studying communication-related responses among nonspeaking patients treated with mechanical ventilation, Menzel found that patients had greatest difficulty in communicating with their family members.
- Therefore, our data most likely underrepresent the communication abilities and communication interactions of nonspeaking seriously ill adults.
- We present the results of a pilot study to describe the communication abilities, methods, and content among nonspeaking nonsurviving patients who received mechanical ventilation in an ICU.