Definition of nonspecific in English:
1Not detailed or exact; general.
- The three predictions you say you made to me cannot be entertained, since they are vague and/or non-specific.
- The problem with demanding intelligence information is that if we keep it non-specific, the government could say anything they want.
- Lawyers for Mr Hockey said the evidence was based on hearsay evidence that was ‘vague and non-specific to a very great degree’.
1.1 Medicine Not assignable to a particular cause, condition, or category.
- Most tick-caused infections are asymptomatic or exhibit non-specific symptoms such as fever, fatigue, chills, and anorexia.
- To find the cause of tiredness and the non-specific symptoms, consult your general physician.
- Many symptoms of acute leukaemia are vague and non-specific.
Definition of nonspecific in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India