- 1Continuing without stopping or pausing: we had two days of almost nonstop rainMore example sentences
- It seems to me no footpaths are easy to walk on after the horrendous non-stop rain we've suffered.
- Two straight nights in a row of non-stop dancing can really work the legs, and Brooke was a little sore.
- Strong winds accompanied the non-stop rain, which made for an even more bone-chilling effect.
- 1.1(Of a passenger vehicle or journey) not having or making stops at intermediate places on the way to its destination: a nonstop flight to Los AngelesMore example sentences
- US Airways operates non-stop round-trip flights from Philadelphia every Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday.
- Many passengers found the inaugural non-stop flights more convenient and expressed their wish for regular direct flights between Shanghai and Taipei.
- The bus was on a non-stop 33-hour journey from Calais to Barcelona, with the drivers sleeping on board in between shifts.
- 1.2Oppressively constant; relentless: the show was axed after nonstop criticismMore example sentences
- Let me tell you about the non-stop insanity, the constant chaos, the perpetual pandemonium.
- It had been a wonderful night, and not even Amy's non-stop criticism was able to make me forget that moment.
- His non-stop soundtrack of incessantly ringing bells and gongs is itself enough to drive anyone batty.
adverbBack to top
- Without stopping or pausing: Stephen had been working nonstopMore example sentences
- Now before I stopped two months ago, I was able to jog for 16 minutes non-stop covering about 3 KM.
- I can't believe that doing the same routine for about 4 months non-stop hasn't killed him yet, but here's hoping it'll still be hilarious.
- They played 52 hours non-stop at the Rolls-Royce Club.
nounBack to top
- A nonstop flight or train: seven nonstops to New York every business dayMore example sentences
- AirTran has also added three gates at Dallas to serve non-stops to Las Vegas and Orlando.
- The airline will also add weekly non-stops to Savannah from its Memphis hub.
- Delta would offer daily non-stops from Atlanta to Beijing starting in 2006.