- It took the nation almost three quarters of a century to accept non-white immigrants.
- The residual vote rate of a county does depend on the percent of non-white residents in the county.
- Everyone was for tariff protection and everyone was against non-white migrants.
- Native Americans still suffer the same discrimination as did other non-whites and women decades ago.
- Now, why would the American people, especially non-whites, be suspicious of authority?
- Cable has been an amazing place for expression, for African-Americans and for non-whites in general.
The term nonwhite has been objected to on the grounds that it assumes that the norm is white. However, although alternatives such as person of color have begun to be used more widely in recent years, they may not be appropriate in all contexts. Nonwhite continues to be broadly accepted where a collective term is required to show a distinction, as in statistical or demographic categories. See also person of color.
Definition of nonwhite in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.