Definition of nook in English:
A corner or recess, especially one offering seclusion or security: the nook beside the fire the fish should be able to find nooks and crannies in which they will be safe
More example sentences
- They hugged table-legs, raced up walls, skulked under shelves and stood shivering in nooks and corners.
- A considerable number of Goan artifacts decorate the nooks and corners.
- Doubtless the politicians will enjoy plotting and scheming in the Jacobean nooks and corners.
Middle English (denoting a corner or fragment): of unknown origin.
every nook and cranny (also chiefly Indian every nook and corner)
- Every part or aspect of something: the party reached into every nook and cranny of people’s livesMore example sentences
- The city offers spicy, tangy and lip smacking food at every nook and corner.
- Many of the state destinations attract millions of tourists from every nook and corner of the world.
- Kids are exploring every nook and cranny, hoping to uncover those holiday presents.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan