- Any of various single-stranded RNA viruses comprising the Norwalk virus, which can cause acute gastroenteritis in humans.
More example sentences
- Genus Norovirus, family Caliciviridae
- Norovirus is the most common cause of infectious gastroenteritis in England and Wales.
- Doctors have warned thousands of people across the UK are suffering from norovirus, which causes sudden vomiting and diarrhoea.
early 21st century: from nor- in Norwalk, Ohio (where an outbreak of gastroenteritis occurred from which the virus was isolated) + -o- + virus.
More definitions of norovirusDefinition of norovirus in:
- The British & World English dictionary