Definition of nostalgic in English:
Characterized by or exhibiting feelings of nostalgia.
- The steam locomotive evokes nostalgic memories of a bygone era with its glory and old age charm.
- In her art, she said she attempts to evoke the nostalgic beauty of another era.
- Alexei Sayle would adopt a maudlin, nostalgic whine and a watery half-smile as he recalled the glories of the music hall.
nounBack to top
A nostalgic person: to see classmates' email addresses, nostalgics pay $36 a year
More example sentences
- Today, it's Frank Rich's turn to join the ‘wish it were 1974 again’ crowd of nostalgics who are scratching their heads and wondering that if the media had managed to bring down a president once, why can't they do it again?
- As with Live Aid, however, a good idea will always be revived by misty-eyed nostalgics, and since British architecture has improved more than somewhat since the 1980s, why not?
- Goode, who spent 17 years as the curator of the Smithsonian Castle, has not assembled a picture book for nostalgics.
- Example sentences
- No doubt Einstein himself is in some measure responsible for this image, since, in later life, he reflected nostalgically on solitude, isolation, and creativity.
- Older people always seem to forget when they remind you nostalgically about days when people stuck together no matter what, of the abuse many of them suffered in silence, both physical and mental, as a result.
- Later Eliza passed her final test at the Embassy Ball and nostalgically recalls the pleasures of the evening as she sings, ‘I Could have Danced All Night’.
Words that rhyme with nostalgicneuralgic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.