- Denoting a batsman who is not out when the team’s innings ends, or a score or innings made by such a batsman.More example sentences
- Jim Burke was dismissed by Tony Lock in the first innings, but otherwise Laker removed everybody twice, except the not-out batsmen Ray Lindwall (first innings) and Ian Johnson.
- On the same ground 24 days later, the tables were turned on Gloucestershire as Arthur Mailey took 10 for 66 for the Australians; ironically, Parker was the not-out batsman who escaped his clutches.
- Sherwin Campbell and Adrian Griffith were the not-out batsmen.
nounBack to top
- A not-out score or innings.More example sentences
- He had a disappointing run in the last tournament, in Sri Lanka in 2002, scoring only 39 runs in four innings, although two of those were not-outs.
- There have been 29 individual scores in the nineties in the World Cup, some of them not-outs, but the only dismissal for 99 came in the last World Cup, in 2003.
- Steve Waugh actually had ten scores in the nineties in Tests, but two of those were not-outs.