- The supposed protection gained from an alliance with a country possessing nuclear weapons.More example sentences
- They could jiggle the American nuclear umbrella protecting the West and perhaps deal NATO a fatal political blow.
- A North Korea with nuclear weapons, coupled with its ability to deliver them, might lead Japanese policymakers to doubt the adequacy of the U.S. protective nuclear umbrella.
- But I stated very clearly that the National Party and ACT, if they formed a Government, would put that policy in danger, and that their policy was to gradually take us back under the nuclear umbrella.
More definitions of nuclear umbrellaDefinition of nuclear umbrella in:
- The British & World English dictionary