- A bomb or missile that uses nuclear energy to cause an explosion: both leaders pledged to work together to prevent the proliferation of nuclear weaponsMore example sentences
- We marched against nuclear weapons not just because of their moral poverty, but also because the more we found out about what humanity was capable of, the less we could be deceived by the notion that safety lay in the doctrine of mutually assured destruction.
- He supports a complete halt to building new nuclear weapons yet opposes destroying current stocks.
- A nuclear weapon using plutonium requires approximately six kilograms of fissile material.
More definitions of nuclear weaponDefinition of nuclear weapon in:
- The British & World English dictionary