1A second in command: my conscientious number two in the task force
More example sentences
- Yves Colleu will be my right-hand man, my number two.
- World number two and second seed Beachill faces Pakistan's Mansoor Zaman in round one, while Willstrop takes on a qualifier when the action gets underway on August 11.
- Now, Secretary Richardson did send his number two, his deputy, to speak to Congress.
1.1A person or thing ranked second in ability or size.
- He was once ranked number two in England and was Southern Area Champion in the late 1970s.
- Everyone is healthy, I can finally play, and most importantly, we're undefeated - ranked as number two in the nation even.
- Maryland was ranked number two in micro research (tied with Michigan).
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: num·ber two
Definition of number two in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.