Definition of number two in English:
1A second in command: my conscientious number two in the task force
More example sentences
- Yves Colleu will be my right-hand man, my number two.
- World number two and second seed Beachill faces Pakistan's Mansoor Zaman in round one, while Willstrop takes on a qualifier when the action gets underway on August 11.
- Now, Secretary Richardson did send his number two, his deputy, to speak to Congress.
1.1A person or thing ranked second in ability or size.
- He was once ranked number two in England and was Southern Area Champion in the late 1970s.
- Everyone is healthy, I can finally play, and most importantly, we're undefeated - ranked as number two in the nation even.
- Maryland was ranked number two in micro research (tied with Michigan).
Definition of number two in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan