Of, relating to, or expressed as a number or numbers: the lists are in numerical order
More example sentences
- The paper is the first to consider the roots of an equation as abstract quantities rather than having numerical values.
- In 1940 Wilkinson began war work which involved mathematical and numerical work on ballistics.
- It is series such as these that your pocket calculator uses to calculate numerical values.
early 17th century: from medieval Latin numericus (from Latin numerus 'a number') + -al.
- More example sentences
- The only way to compute complete trajectories was to integrate the differential equations numerically.
- Thereby, the simulation algorithm numerically solves a complex stochastic equation of motion.
- The important innovation which is incorporated in most of these problems is that they reduce to a cubic equation which Wang solves numerically.
Definition of numerical in:
- The British & World English dictionary