noun (plural unos)• informal
- The best or most important person or thing.More example sentences
- During Congress rule, India left the US way behind in milk production, while beating Brazil in fruit production, and was neck-to-neck with China, the numero uno, in vegetable production.
- There are too many award schemes in Galway as elsewhere but this - the oldest one - run by journalists from the Connacht Tribute, the Tuam Herald and Raidio na Gaeltachta is the numero uno.
- So Giorgio Armani called in his favourite architect from Japan, and now the numero uno of Italian style has a fortress for his billion dollar fashion empire.
Italian, literally 'number one'.
More definitions of numero unoDefinition of numero uno in:
- The British & World English dictionary