- Of, relating to, or consisting of coins, paper currency, and medals.More example sentences
- He also struck the largest known gold coin from the ancient world, a numismatic masterpiece weighing 20 staters.
- The appearance of From Imperium to Auctoritas established Grant's credentials as a Roman numismatist; five more numismatic volumes would follow in the 1950's.
- As I am an amateur ancient coin collector, my thoughts are somewhat focused on the numismatic area of the antiquities market, but I believe the analysis can cover other antiquarian items.
late 18th century: from French numismatique, via Latin from Greek nomisma, nomismat- 'current coin', from nomizein 'use currently'.
More definitions of numismaticDefinition of numismatic in:
- The British & World English dictionary