Definition of nurse shark in English:
A shark with barbels on the snout.
- Three species in the family Orectolobidae (or Ginglymostomatidae), in particular Ginglymostoma cirratum, a slow-swimming brownish shark of warm Atlantic waters
- The whale shark, the hammerhead and the nurse shark are impossible to confuse.
- Normally calm species of sharks such as the nurse shark can be provoked to violence if they take a liking to your Starter Jacket.
- Of particular concern is the grey nurse shark, a smaller, less predatory shark living off the coast of New South Wales and Queensland.
Definition of nurse shark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.