Definition of nutriment in English:
- Eventually, in his final entry, he writes ‘I am weaker than ever although I have a good appetite, and relish the nardoo much, but it seems to give no nutriment, and the birds here are so shy as not to be got at.’
- By 20th June, Wills was completely reduced by the effects of the cold and their inadequate nutriment.
- If they encounter a speck of nutriment they fan out to quest for more.
- Example sentences
- Those foods not only are nutrimental to our lung, but also can comfort and relax our thorax, reduce allergies of the nose, dry coughing, sore throat, and asthma diseases.
- This study aims to develop a simple, rapid, simultaneous and quantitative method for evaluating nutrimental elements of the plant vigor using an X-ray fluorescent (XRF) spectroscopic method.
- These series include herbal freckle-ridding, acne-eradicating, wrinkle-reducing products and herbal nutrimental layer, herbal whitening ointment, acne ointment, acne prime fluid, Vitamin E cream, etc.
Late Middle English: from Latin nutrimentum, from nutrire 'feed, nourish'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.