- 1Of or relating to nutrition: the food was low in nutritive valueMore example sentences
- Herman is looking for new genetic, genomic, and proteomic methods to improve protein, oil, and nutritive value in soybeans.
- Barley is an important energy supplement but there is a large amount of variability in nutritive value among barley varieties.
- Milk proteins have a smooth mouth feel and high nutritive and biological value.
- 1.1Providing nourishment; nutritious: nutritive foodMore example sentences
- She said that it could be effectively overcome by the consumption of highly nutritive foods.
- Earlier they used to provide some nutritive food supplements to the poor patients.
- People are now conscious of healthy eating - but our taste buds do not want bland and nutritive food.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin nutritivus, from nutrire 'feed, nourish'.
More definitions of nutritiveDefinition of nutritive in:
- The British & World English dictionary