- An invasive sedge with small edible nutlike tubers. Also called nutgrass.
More example sentences
- Genus Cyperus, family Cyperaceae: two species, purple nutsedge (C. rotundus) and yellow nutsedge (C. esculentus) . See also chufa
- In addition to control of Poa trivialis, the evaluations will include control of yellow nutsedge, tall fescue, quack grass and several other grassy weeds.
- Early in his learning curve with conservation tillage, Johnson tried to control annual grasses, nutsedge, and morning glories by strip-tilling peanuts into mowed rye.
- But once established, they can be next to impossible to get rid of, as anyone who has battled Bermuda grass or yellow nutsedge in flower beds will attest.