The hard woody covering around the kernel of a nut.
More example sentences
- Similarly, hickory, walnut, and acorn nutshells have been recovered from Late Paleoindian and Early Archaic contexts at the Hester site, Smith's Ferry, Pickens County, and Rodgers Shelter.
- Notably, however, the remains present are fruit stones and nutshells, items that would have been discarded during the final preparation of a meal or at the time of consumption.
- Fruits and vegetables were available at the time according to the discovery on the same site of fruit stones, nutshells and more stools containing leeks and other vegetable matter.
in a nutshell
- In the fewest possible words: she put the matter in a nutshellMore example sentences
- Its brief, in a nutshell, is to showcase works of art to as broad a spectrum of people as possible.
- This, in a nutshell, summarizes the uphill battle of perception facing hedge funds.
- Yet, in a nutshell, it lacks the originality that it would take to launch a musical revolution.