- A person affected by nympholepsy.More example sentences
- The Cave of Archedemos the Nympholept is a small cave near Vari in Attica, Greece.
- Nabokov also borrowed the term nympholept, a rare, archaic term meaning a person seized by emotional frenzy, as if enchanted by nymphs
- More example sentences
- His father, it transpires, is a ‘nympholeptic’ -- ‘which at least seemed a step up from a pedophile.’
- Humbert carefully distinguishes his nympholeptic sensuality from the standard heterosexual experience, of which he is also capable.
- The Trial takes you on a journey into the mind of Kafka's anti-hero, the nympholeptic Joseph K.
early 19th century: from Greek numpholēptos 'caught by nymphs', from numphē 'nymph' + lambanein 'take'.
More definitions of nympholeptDefinition of nympholept in:
- The British & World English dictionary