Definition of oak fern in English:
A delicate fern of woods and damp places in the uplands of northern Eurasia and North America.
- Genus Gymnocarpium (formerly Thelypteris), family Woodsiaceae: two species, in particular G. dryopteris
- Aquarius Research Natural Area is particularly rich in ferns, including Western polypody, spreading woodfern, oak fern, male fern, bracken fern, and sword fern.
- Here we have concentrated on growing ferns, ranging from the large and leathery Blechnum chilense, to the small and frothy oak fern, Gymnocarpium dryopteris.
- As well as being a home to wildlife, it also has pockets of enchanted nightshade, yellow pimpernel and oak fern.
Definition of oak fern in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.