Definition of oak fern in English:
A delicate fern of woods and damp places in the uplands of northern Eurasia and North America.
- Genus Gymnocarpium (formerly Thelypteris), family Woodsiaceae: two species, in particular G. dryopteris
- Aquarius Research Natural Area is particularly rich in ferns, including Western polypody, spreading woodfern, oak fern, male fern, bracken fern, and sword fern.
- Here we have concentrated on growing ferns, ranging from the large and leathery Blechnum chilense, to the small and frothy oak fern, Gymnocarpium dryopteris.
- As well as being a home to wildlife, it also has pockets of enchanted nightshade, yellow pimpernel and oak fern.
Definition of oak fern in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan