- A fitting on the gunwale of a boat that serves as a fulcrum for an oar and keeps it in place.More example sentences
- In his opinion, it is very important to have on board: oars, oarlocks, a boat hook, a good knife, a sounder and the mobile phone.
- Jim was delegated to make the arrangements for boat, oarlocks, oars and confirmation of tide tables.
- As I explained the mechanical advantages of rowing - the oar as lever, the oarlock as fulcrum, the sliding seat as a tool for harnessing leg power - he nodded, then frowned.
More definitions of oarlockDefinition of oarlock in:
- The British & World English dictionary