noun (plural oarsmen)
- A rower, especially as a member of a racing team.More example sentences
- Although winning teams often contain incompetent members, effective oarsmen have the greatest rate of success and increase in frequency the fastest.
- As the tips of their oars touched the sides of the stone quay, the port oarsmen hauled as one as their oars absorbed the impact of ship against the quay.
- Seen through the door in the background, a team of black oarsmen propel the boat along the Nile.
- More example sentences
- Kerala has Onam, when men in white dhotis and black bodies get into long boats and race one another with synchronised oarsmanship.
- Thrilling finishes and some hilarious oarsmanship entertained the dozens of spectators who gathered on the shore of Windermere to watch the historic Lakeside-Gummers Howe Fell Race.
- And in a throwback to earlier times former rowing club captain Mike will help out by teaching youngsters about the art of oarsmanship.
More definitions of oarsmanDefinition of oarsman in:
- The British & World English dictionary