- A large brown kelp with a long hard stalk and a large oar-shaped frond divided into ribbonlike strips, growing on rocky shores. Also called tangle2.
More example sentences
- Genus Laminaria, class Phaeophyceae, in particular L. digitata
- An entirely natural extract, it is based on seaweed or tangle (oarweed), widely available around Scotland's shores and islands.
- Closely related species in the Atlantic may be referred to as oarweed or more loosely as kelp or wrack.
More definitions of oarweedDefinition of oarweed in:
- The British & World English dictionary