- An obituary.More example sentences
- These are sad stories, but they also are inspirational, heart-warming with a humanity not usually found in obits of more well-known people who make newspaper obituaries.
- I'm sure there will be more obits and tributes that will list his many other impressive credits.
- Also on that website is an obit for John and another of his articles, this one a recent piece on Afghanistan.
late Middle English: now regarded as an abbreviation of obituary, but originally also used in the senses 'death' and 'funeral service', from Latin obitus 'going down, death'.
More definitions of obitDefinition of obit in:
- The British & World English dictionary