Definition of object-oriented in English:
(Of a programming language) using a methodology that enables a system to be modeled as a set of objects that can be controlled and manipulated in a modular manner.
- The Java programming language contains object-oriented features enabling the construction of interface-based application frameworks.
- Programming manuals for object-oriented languages are all about windows and menus and mouse clicks.
- The technique of the present invention may be used advantageously with object-oriented languages other than the Java programming language.
object orientation noun
- Example sentences
- As I wrote in a magazine several months ago, this concept has evolved over the years through structured programming, client/server development, object orientation, components, and on to Web services today.
- All the powerful looping and control constructs, math capabilities and even object orientation of the scripting language could be available directly to the brain modeler.
- As object orientation, function overloading, and polymorphism became more common, universities gradually started shifting to teach other computer languages.
Definition of object-oriented in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan