noun (plural objets d'art pronunc. same)
- A small decorative or artistic object, typically when regarded as a collectible item.More example sentences
- In addition to works of fine art, the National Gallery possesses a small number of objets d'art including glass made by Maurice Marinot in the 1920s and 30s.
- The National Maritime Museum's collection of objets d'art comprises over 800 objects.
- This exhibition traces the transformation of the mode of transportation commonly known as ‘the bike’ from merely functional and utilitarian, to ‘objet d'art.’
French, literally 'object of art'.
More definitions of objet d'artDefinition of objet d'art in:
- The British & World English dictionary