Willing to do a service or kindness; helpful.
- The very happy and obliging young service ladies were resplendent in snappy white shorts and tops.
- The staff of the school have been very obliging and friendly.
- A very pleasant and obliging man, he gained the popularity of everybody.
- Example sentences
- The halfway war starts out as a battle that is not, in the first flush of romance, recognised as the beginning of a war at all: it starts out as the battle of obligingness.
- From the first moment he interested me, especially for his obligingness and for his knowledge of local conditions.
- The second trump is the kindness and obligingness of the staff.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.