Definition of obliging in English:
Willing to do a service or kindness; helpful.
- The very happy and obliging young service ladies were resplendent in snappy white shorts and tops.
- The staff of the school have been very obliging and friendly.
- A very pleasant and obliging man, he gained the popularity of everybody.
- Example sentences
- The halfway war starts out as a battle that is not, in the first flush of romance, recognised as the beginning of a war at all: it starts out as the battle of obligingness.
- From the first moment he interested me, especially for his obligingness and for his knowledge of local conditions.
- The second trump is the kindness and obligingness of the staff.
Words that rhyme with obliginglodging • ungrudging
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.