Definition of occupational therapy in English:
A form of therapy for those recuperating from physical or mental illness that encourages rehabilitation through the performance of activities required in daily life.
- Other disciplines moving in the same direction are physical therapy, occupational therapy, optometry, and audiology.
- Some allied health programs, including physical therapy and occupational therapy, now require a master's prepared entry-level.
- By rehab, I assume what is meant is the usual types of rehabilitation therapy such as physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.
- occupational therapist noun
- Example sentences
- Physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists can all offer advice and support.
- This is done by a skilled team of doctors, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech pathologists.
- Visiting services will be available such as physiotherapy, chiropody, occupational therapists and alternative therapists.
Definition of occupational therapy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.