Definition of ocelot in English:
1A medium-sized wild cat that has a tawny yellow coat marked with black blotches and spots, and ranges from southern Texas through South America.
- Felis pardalis, family Felidae
- He doesn't have big teeth so he wouldn't be able to protect himself against eagles, jaguars, and ocelots in central South America.
- Clearly, bobcats could survive hunting pressures better than margays and ocelots.
- We were studying ocelots at the time and needed chickens to lure the cats into our traps.
Words that rhyme with ocelotpolyglot • Camelot
Definition of ocelot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.