Definition of octal in English:
Relating to or using a system of numerical notation that has 8 rather than 10 as a base.
- Then convert each of these groups into one octal digit.
- Yellowstone, which was announced more than a year ago, uses an octal data rate to deliver data rates up to a theoretical maximum of 3.2 Gbits/s.
- To use an access server, you'll need an octal cable.
nounBack to top
The octal system; octal notation.
- About the only thing this calculator lacks is the ability to switch from decimal to hex to octal to binary.
- We were taught to convert the usual base 10 into base 6 into base 4, into binary, into octal etc.
- Working on networks, I find there's always a need to convert between decimal, hexadecimal, octal and binary.
Definition of octal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.