noun[as modifier] Chemistry
- Of or denoting an alkyl radical — C8H17, derived from octane.More example sentences
- The transiting phase was modulated by 0.1 M of citrate buffer solution, sodium octyl sulphonate, methanol, and EDTA-Na.
- In this formulation, and in many others, it is used in combination with waterproof ingredients such as octyl salicylate.
- They ran sun-protection-factor tests to compare SoyScreen to four commercial UV absorbents: oxybenzone, dioxybenzone, octyl methoxycinnamate, and padimate-O.
More definitions of octylDefinition of octyl in:
- The British & World English dictionary