Definition of odd lot in English:
1An incomplete set or random mixture of things.
- Some local retailers are sticking to price levels around 150-160p/kilo and I still have the odd lot sold at 185p/kilo but I am sure this is pretty unique.
- Let's face it the mentally ill, myself included, are an odd lot.
- The people are an odd lot who should probably have spent more time in lessons instead of scoring behind the bike sheds.
1.1US Finance A transaction involving less than the usual round number of shares.
- Individuals, who account for most purchases, buy stamps in odd lots.
- The odd lot sales ratio measures the ratio of odd lot sales (which trade less than 100 shares of stock at a time) to odd lot purchases.
Definition of odd lot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan