Definition of oddball in English:
A strange or eccentric person.
- The boarders, however, are much more than eccentrics or oddballs.
- Burton also confessed he and Helena laugh off claims they are eccentric oddballs.
- Third, there are the truly restless - the oddballs and eccentrics who always seem to want to look at things from a different angle.
adjectiveBack to top
Strange; bizarre: oddball training methods
More example sentences
- Somewhere, deep within Twister, is a searing portrayal of the disintegration of a family, leavened by quirky, oddball humor.
- His songs had gone from sublime to bizarre, compounded by his friendship with oddball lyricist Van Dyke Parks.
- But they're just two of the quirky, oddball characters to be found in ‘Sally's’ world.
Definition of oddball in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia