- Relating to the prescription of a drug for a condition other than that for which it has been officially approved: the off-label use of potent antipsychotic medications [as adverb]: children with severe anxiety disorders are given antidepressants off labelMore example sentences
- It states: ‘Hospital trusts in the UK are advising clinicians not to prescribe off-label drugs for palliation, so clinicians find themselves in an untenable position.’
- That 40% of doctors prescribe off-label drugs does not surprise me.
- In 1993, he was successful in a suit that forced the FDA to relax its rules prohibiting drug companies from promoting off-label prescribing.
More definitions of off-labelDefinition of off-label in:
- The British & World English dictionary