Definition of ohm in English:
The SI unit of electrical resistance, expressing the resistance in a circuit transmitting a current of one ampere when subjected to a potential difference of one volt. (Symbol: Ω)
- Both antennas feature linear polarization, an impedance of 50 ohms and maximum input power at 10 watts.
- It is important for the termination to be precisely 50 ohms for the bridge to function properly on 50-ohm communication systems.
- If you use a resistor less than 100 ohms you'll know it because it will get hot.
Mid 19th century: named after G. S. Ohm (see Ohm, Georg).
- Example sentences
- Bilayers of Ni / Au and Al / Ti were deposited by e-beam evaporation as p- and n-type ohmic contacts for current injection.
- The exposed backside is recessed at the central gate location to define the current path which connects the source and drain ohmic contacts.
- We believe this activation is probably an ohmic phenomenon like an instantaneous I-V relation.
Words that rhyme with ohmbrome, chrome, comb, Crome, dome, foam, gnome, holm, Holme, hom, home, Jerome, loam, Nome, om, roam, Rome, tome
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan