noun• informal , chiefly British
- An uncouth or obnoxious person.More example sentences
- So, in conclusion, one might say that the answer to criticism is not to come clean but to bamboozle the oiks who criticise you.
- Cheap flights are blamed for global warming, noise pollution, the need for more airports and their ability to give working-class oiks the ability to use Europe as their playground on a regular basis.
- It's the heart-warming and inspiring story of two almost entirely clueless posh oiks, who throw caution to the wind and go and live on a small island.
1930s: of unknown origin.
More definitions of oikDefinition of oik in:
- The British & World English dictionary