Definition of oil palm in English:
A widely cultivated tropical West African palm tree that is the chief source of palm oil.
- Elaeis guineensis, family Palmae: several cultivars
- The minority view is supported by the fact that almost all the coconut palm's relations are American, the one important exception being the oil palm, which is African.
- Popular drinks include palm wine, made from the fermented sap of the oil palm, and home-brewed millet beer.
- Undoubtedly because of its multifunctionality, the oil palm and its bunches of palm nuts are a recurring feature in Akan royal arts.
Definition of oil palm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan