- A well or shaft drilled through rock, from which petroleum is drawn.More example sentences
- In 1967, Anschutz discovered a major oil well in Wyoming, which soon caught fire.
- The first oil well in the United States, now a dry hole, was drilled in Titusville, Pennsylvania, by Edwin L. Drake only 145 years ago.
- If a prospector finds a new gold mine or the wildcatter brings in a rich oil well, the probability of other prospectors and wildcatters making equally valuable finds diminishes, however slightly.
More definitions of oil wellDefinition of oil well in:
- The British & World English dictionary