- Any of several seeds from cultivated crops yielding oil, e.g., rape, peanut, soybean, or cotton.More example sentences
- Crops such as oilseed and linseed which can be produced in bulk and processed quickly and efficiently may in future be modified to produce the anticoagulant hirudin which is found naturally in leeches.
- The study predicts that the situation would become particularly critical for organic farming of the rape oilseed as well as for intensive production of conventional maize.
- This non-invasive technique can be used to measure traits like protein, oil, starch, and moisture content in grain and oilseed.
More definitions of oilseedDefinition of oilseed in:
- The British & World English dictionary