- The bony prominence of the elbow, on the upper end of the ulna.More example sentences
- The olecranon is the bony landmark identified as the elbow in surface anatomy.
- Patients with longstanding gout may have tophi over the olecranon prominence, first metatarsal joints, or pinnae.
- Valgus instability can be detected by applying valgus stress to the elbow at 20 [degrees] to 30 [degrees] of flexion to unlock the olecranon from its fossa.
early 18th century: from Greek ōle(no)kranon, from ōlenē 'elbow' + kranion 'head'.
More definitions of olecranonDefinition of olecranon in:
- The British & World English dictionary