The action or capacity of smelling; the sense of smell.
More example sentences
- As an immunologist and neurobiologist, Mombaerts has decisively contributed to the basic mechanistic understanding of olfaction (sense of smell).
- Humans detect chemical substances in the environment through 2 sensory channels: olfaction and the chemical sense.
- The nurse shark relies on its sense of olfaction, touch and electrical reception.
- More example sentences
- The polymeric nanoparticles including olfactive components have a glass temperature of >50° C.
- Fragrance composition exhibiting varying olfactive characteristics when applied on different persons
- Structureolfactive threshold relationships for 40 pyrazine derivatives have been studied by multivariate statistical analysis.
Definition of olfaction in:
- The British & World English dictionary