An instrument for measuring the intensity of an odor or sensitivity to odor.
- A device called an olfactometer wafted the odours of each participant towards the mosquitoes.
- Each subject was fitted with non-magnetic earphones and a device to deliver smells, called an olfactometer, developed by he and his coauthor, a bioengineering graduate student.
- They use an olfactometer, a cage separated by a screen, where mosquitoes are placed on one side and an attractant is pumped through the other, to see if mosquitoes will come to the screen.
- Example sentences
- The IBP team has applied gas chromatography and olfactometry to the problem.
- Our group has expertise in the areas of olfactometry, odour sampling and trace odour component analysis down to part per trillion concentrations.
- Olfactometric sampling and analysis provides a reliable measurement of odour concentration, thereby providing valuable data from which to make reasoned odour management decisions.
Words that rhyme with olfactometeraccelerometer, anemometer, barometer, gasometer, geometer, manometer, micrometer, milometer, optometer, pedometer, photometer, pyrometer, speedometer, swingometer, tachometer, thermometer
Definition of olfactometer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.