Definition of oligodendroglia in English:
- The relationship of such nerve fibers to oligodendroglia in the central nervous system is not quite so intimate.
- The astrocytes will stain with glial fibrillary acid protein, the oligodendroglia - like cells with S100 but not with glial fibrillary acid protein, and the neurons with synaptophysin and/or neurofilament.
- No Lewy bodies were identified; however, ubiquitin-positive glial cytoplasmic inclusions were identified in striatal and nigral oligodendroglia.
- Example sentences
- Equally uncertain is whether other central nervous system tumors with oligodendroglial elements exhibit similar allelic losses and might confound interpretation of LOH studies.
- By immunocytochemistry JC viral antigen can be demonstrated both in the oligodendroglial nuclei and astrocytic cytoplasm, extending along the processes.
- Optic gliomas, subependymal giant cell astrocytomas, pleomorphic xanthoastrocytomas, mixed gliomas with oligodendroglial features, and gangliogliomas were excluded.
Definition of oligodendroglia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan